Fresh Figs

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Fresh Figs!
I never cared for dried figs. I never liked Fig Newtons, either. I don't remember ever having desserts made of figs. But, I fell in love with  fresh figs recently when we bought them from Costco.

It's very soft and sweet. Unlike John who says he grew up eating them  a lot, I never tasted them until now.

Figs are rich in calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium. Vitamin C and the B group vitamins are also present in small quantities. They are also high in fiber. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits.

"Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves."(Genesis 3:7)   This fruit goes back to the time of Adam and Eve.                                                       

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP